Pigeon Tower

The building was erected on the domain of the former abbey in 1710, when Patricius Fraeys was abbot. The legend tells, that the monks asked the newly chosen abbot just before he started his journey to Rome, if they could prepare him a surprise for when he came back. On his arrival in Lo he found a pigeon tower with 1132 pigeonholes.
A pigeon tower used to be a status symbol. Only large landowners and lords of a seigniory had the right to keep pigeons.